The Westside Club offers a number of services for the recovery community. Books, meetings, special recovery related events, snacks, coffee and fellowship are found here 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Hours of Operation
The Club is open seven days a week all year. The club opens approximately 1/2 hour before a meeting and closes 1/2 hour after a meeting. General hours of operation are as follows:
- 6:30 am – 8:30 am
- 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- 6:30 pm – 9:00/10:00pm (depends on meeting hours)
- ***No evening meetings Monday and Tuesday
Weekends and Federal Holidays:
- 6:30 am – 1:00 pm
- 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
The club has special Federal holiday meetings and special events on some holidays (check the events page for any upcoming events).
Westside Club’s Inclement Weather Policy
FYI: We’re OPEN!
Neither rain nor sleet nor snow keeps the Westside Club from openings its regular schedule. Please be safe in the snow or whatever may be thrown your way…We may not all be here, but then again, are we ever?
Volunteering to help the Westside Club is a great way to be of service. We are always looking for volunteers — especially for club the events. You will stay away from your addiction, meet new people, and contribute.\
Service for Success!
While we are turning the ship financially, we need further commitment from members to have our club remain financially viable. Service positions open (one year commitment preferred) not more than three hours per week:
Purchasing Agent/Quartermaster : to work with clerk on placing weekly supply orders.Taken by Arnie S.
- Assistant Treasurers: to assist with weekly counting and deposit of receipts. Two volunteers proficient in Excel needed.
- Communications Assistant: to respond to website questions and monitor phone messages as well as web development.
- MEETING CHAIRS!!! Many of our chairs have been in service at the same meetings for up to or over a year. We need more people to commit to chairing meetings in order to offer a wider variety of well -prepared leaders.
- MONITORS: SERVE COFFEE AND GREET SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
***In return, you get to be more sober, be inspiring to and be inspired by sober people and get a t-shirt!
Other organizations working with substance abuse need help too. Check out our recovery resources page to see a list of recovery resource links to contact them to see about volunteer opportunities.
To be included on a list of Twelve Steppers or to volunteer to work the AA hotline for WAIA (training is provided), go to the WAIA Web site and contact them for more information.
For those of you who want to volunteer, or for institutions who want the Westside Club to post a volunteer opportunity, stop by the snack bar or call 202-333-0218.